- 2 handfuls of baby arugula, washed and drained
- 6 yellow cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 small chunk of cucumber, sliced into quarters’
- 1 tbsp red onion slices
- 2 tbsp red pepper, small diced
- 2 tbsp orange peppers, silvered
- Some chickweed sprouts
- 1 4 oz can of boneless sardines, packed in olive oil
Lemon Garlic Dressing
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juiced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Sprinkle of oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
In a salad bowl, toss arugula with the next five ingredients, top with some chickweed sprouts and add slices of boneless sardines. Drizzle with dressing and Enjoy!
Easy and delicious way to get your omega 3’s in!
I visited one of my favorite farm markets today, Blooming Hill Farm in Washingtonville, NY. They have the best and freshest greens and sprouts. I had some other veggies on hand from the day before and a can of sardines and made this super easy salad and dressing for lunch. You can certainly use other greens, such as romaine, mesclun and other or additional veggies. It’s ok, make your own recipe! Serve with a slice of baguette and a glass of cabernet and was good to go! Try it for your next lunch, it really is delicious and you will do your heart a lot of good!