Cooking Classes in your Home
Host a cooking class in your home!
We believe everyone can experience the joy of cooking together at home. What’s Cooking has been teaching cooking and baking classes to individuals and their families all over the Hudson Valley since 2000. With a focus on local, organic and sustainable ingredients from many of the farms and farm markets around the Hudson Valley.
Classes range from learning how to cook healthy, to mastering specific techniques (knife skills, sauteing, roasting) or exploring a new cuisine. Each class we divide you into teams and you will work hands-on together and guided by an experienced instructor. You learn in the comforts of your home kitchen in a fun and relaxing environment. Students will be able to recreate these class recipes on their own since they will be taught techniques and not recipes. Each class you will be able to complete 4 different recipes and take home a typed handout.
Each month we have new cooking classes to reflect the seasons of eating and we will also run basic technique classes for new students each month. In addition, you can enjoy learning about cuisines from around the world and close to home, right in your own kitchen.
Cost per lesson:
350.00 plus groceries for 3 hr. instruction with the last half hr. to sample your creations. Price includes 1-3 people and each class includes a recipe packet of 4 recipes. (This class size is really great for private instruction for individuals, couples or small family who have health concerns and or special diets and want to learn about cooking for health). The food that is made in class can be food to be eaten during the week.
For groups of 8-16 people who want a cooking class dinner party fee is 125.00 pp . Includes 2.5 hr. cooking instruction on 4 recipes, recipe packet and appetizer and dinner and dessert. BYOB.
Gift Certificates are available!
Cooking Classes make a great gift for new bride and/or grooms, birthday, anniversary, new baby or a congrats on a great job!
For any questions, please call me at 845-548-6520 or email
We offer a variety of classes and can customize a class just for you and/or your group.
- Setting up a Healthy Pantry and Kitchen/Healthy Grocery Shopping Tour
This is offered to individuals or groups in their homes where I go through your kitchen pantry and make recommendations on healthier ingredients to use in cooking and baking. I also make recommendations on kitchen appliances, layout of kitchen design and cooking and baking equipment. The last part of the class we go to your favorite market and tour the isles learning about healthier products, learn to read labels and visit the produce, seafood and meats departments pointing out recommended products to include in your diet and why.
- Healthy Mediterranean Cooking Techniques-Learn healthier cooking techniques and tips to make your meals more flavorful and lighter.
- Cooking Under Pressure– (No-Stress Cooking with a Pressure Cooker?)
Modern Pressure Cookers are very SAFE and EASY to use in the home kitchen today. Learn how to save $$$, time and fuel energy by using a pressure cooker for your every day meals all year long!. You will learn how to adapt your own recipes to the pressure cooker by learning basic pressure cooking techniques. Menu: Lentil and Spinach Soup, Irish Beef Stew, Butternut Squash and Apple Soup with Creme Fraiche
- Menu and Meal Planning for Special Diets
This is a no-stress session on how to plan healthy and delicious diets for gluten-free, wheat free, heart healthy, or diabetic. I’ll show you how to design well balanced meals for the week and how to cut your time in half from being in the kitchen and food stores. This class can also be for people who just want to eat more balanced meals.
- Meatless Meals for Everyone
You can eat healthfully without spending a lot. One way to achieve healthy savings is to serve meat less often. A plant-based diet, which emphasizes fruits and vegetables, grains, beans, and nuts, is rich in fiber, vitamins and other nutrients and has been shown to reduce your risk of heart disease and other chronic conditions. Menu: Stuffed Mushrooms with Spinach and Goat Cheese, Red Pepper, Zucchini and Basil Frittata, Moroccan Vegetable Stew
- Easy and Delicious Sushi-Join us for a fun evening out learning how to make your own sushi at home. Will make seafood and vegetarian sushi rolls.
- Mystery Farm Market Basket Competition-For foodies who are confident in the kitchen and enjoy competing in teams. Chef will select fresh market ingredients and students will create their own recipes.
- Knife Skills 101-One of the important foundation skills in cooking is learning how to use your knives in the kitchen. This class will help you learn the various cuts using a chef’s knife, how to select, store, care and sharpen your knives.
- Cooking with Meats / Cooking with Seafood / Cooking with Vegetables-This is a 3 part series class ( total of 6 classes)that will introduce you to cooking various cuts of meats, types of seafood and various vegetables. Learn proper cleaning, storage methods and cooking temperatures.
- Fundamentals of Cooking Methods-This is a 3 part series-total of 6 classes for the home chef. Learn the following cooking techniques, the basics of cooking.
- Dry-Heat Cooking-Broiling, Roasting, Grilling, Baking, Sauteing, Pan Frying, Deep-Fat Frying
- Moist Heat Cooking-Poaching, Boiling, Steaming, and Simmering
- Combination Cooking Method-Braising and Stewing
- Small Plates, Big Flavors!-Learn how to create small plates not only as appetizers but for your lunch ordinner meals too. Learn how to make big flavors with a few simple ingredients and that pair well together.
- Couple’s night out in Italy! Menu: Antipasta Platter, Roast Pork with Fig Sauce, Asparagus and Mushroom Rissotto, Tiramisu
- Paellas, Tapas and Sangrias! Menu: Spinach and Cheese Croquetas, Seafood Paella, Vegetarian Paella, Traditional Sangria
- Introduction to Morracan Cooking- Menu: Olive Tapenade, Fennel, Orange and Pomegranate Salad, Chicken Tagine with Preserved Lemons and Olives, Strawberry Mascarpone Pastries
- Girls Night Out! Get your friends together for a fun night out, relaxing and and enjoying a cooked meal together. Mixed Greens with Granny Smith Apples, Dried Cranberries, Roasted Rosemary Salted Pecans with Balsamic Vinaigrette, Lemon, Parsley, Thyme Salmon or Chicken Chasseur, Vegetable Brown Rice, Chocolate Pots de Creme
- French Bistro Love! What’s not to Love! You and your love one can learn how to make some delicious classic french bistro dishes. Menu: Baked Brie with Apricots and Almonds, Classic Caessar Salad, Steak Frites with Red Wine Shallot Sauce, Chocolate Mousse
- Simply Thai! Menu: Vegetarian Spring Rolls, Tom Yum Soup, Green Thai Curry with Chicken, Coconut Rice
No Refunds will be given once the you register for a class. However, if you cancel your registration within 48 hrs. to the class date, a credit will be given so you can applied it to another class. If you cancel or do not attend the day of the class, no refunds or rescheduling will be offer.